It's Easy to Register
The "Register" process has been updated on 12 May as the competition timeline has been extended (final extention)
We have partnered with F6S.com, a company that offers startup and accelerator competitions and programs, as well as job opportunities to all registered members. With their assistance, we were able to tailor our competition to fit their software platform, which will greatly aid us in administering the competition, especially adding judges & reviewers and scoring all student team entries.
Thus, if you see wording related to “startups” when at the F6S platform, please realize this applies to your student team –as the “applicant” for our competition, and not a start-up. A minor inconsistency, but well worth it for its functionality added. We have a Four (4) Step Registration and Submission Process that is outlined below. To get started, it's just Step One — selecting a team leader who will register on the F6S platform as a member and then sign-up the team, itself.
To qualify to win this competition, student teams must complete the following four step process in submitting their Case Study, as well as any additional requests asked of it by the Make The Case East Asia administrators during the competition itself, especially related to teams selected for the finals. Please refer to the FAQ for specific details not listed here about the competition, scoring, awards and such.
To summarize. All student teams must register by 15 June (final extension). This requires that a designated team leader complete Step 1 only. The other 3 steps are part of the submission process, with the Case Study (Step 4) due on 30 June (at 11:59 pm in the country where you are submitted).
STEP ONE: REGISTER YOUR TEAM STARTING 21 FEBRUARY 2022. REGISTRATION DEADLINE 15 JUNE 2022 (FINAL EXTENSION)
F6S.com Application Process High-Level Overview
A) Designate one of your student team to be the Team Leader. Note: This person needs to register on the site, FS6.com, as an individual and will be asked to do so during the team registration process (See #1 of Exact Steps). This can be as simple as using her or his Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn profile.
B) At the F6S.com page, once personally registered, she or he will be asked to complete the team registration form, which also includes 3 questions to be completed, including:
1) Please provide your team's university. If multiple universities, please list them
2) Please list your team members (name, email address, school). Teams must have 3 or 4 students. There is no need to register your other team members into F6S.com
Once these 3 questions are answered and you hit submit, your team will be registered.
Note: Once completed, the team leader can complete Steps 2 through 4, in this indicative order, at the web page: https://makethecase.com/steps-to-complete/ Note: Step 2 will need to be completed by 30 JUNE*. Once Step 2 is completed, the team leader will complete Step 3 by submitting their Plastic Atlas Asia Insights PDF and additionally answering 5 questions. Finally, the team will submit its Case Study as Step 4. All of these steps are described below in detail, with the links available at the "Steps to Complete" web page.
Separately, each team may, at its option, submit an entry to win the Engagement Community Prize, also due 15 June.
*Note: Teams that submit Step 3 by 30 May are eligible to win the Plastic Atlas Asia Insight Prize award.
F6S.com Registration Exact Steps For Team Leader:
- On this /Register page, click on the button "Register at F6S.com Now"
- You will be sent to F6S.com. If already personally registered, you'll need to click on the button "Register Your Make the Case East Asia Team." Then, skip to 4. If not personally registered, continue.
- If you do not have a F6S account, you will be asked to first register yourself, as the Team Leader, by connecting via Google, Facebook or LI profile, or adding your email and password. If by email, you'll also be asked to add your name and location. Click on "JOIN" button and complete registration. Note: you likely will also receive a number of emails from F6S after sign-up, one asking to validate your email account.
Note: Once personally signed up to FS6, you'll then be asked to answer 3 questions, including one where you'll add your team members and another to share the university of the team members. Please note: There is no need to have your team members register with FS6, at all. Please scroll down to "Let's Get Started" and click on "Create New" to name your student team.
- You'll next be asked to "invite people" to join as "co-founder" – click on "Skip" at top right. Important, to reiterate: please do not add your team members into F6S. It is totally unnecessary.
- Next, you are required to answer the Questions posted under "Questions" (again scroll down to view if on your mobile phone)
- Last, once all the questions are answered, click on "Register Your Make the Case Team." You'll receive emails from F6S to confirm your registration — on our behalf.
Please note: as F6S.com is focused on startup applications to accelerators, they have hardcoded certain automatically-generated replies related to your application –please ignore
If you are having problems, please contact us at [email protected]
STEP 2: TELL US ABOUT THE THEME AND INITIATIVE YOUR TEAM HAS SELECTED (COMPLETE BY 30 JUNE – BEST TO COMPLETE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE)
We will be asking the Team Leader to provide us with high-level information by answering the following three questions. Note: None of this information will be presented to the Case Study Reviewers or used as part of the scoring process. It is information only for our internal purposes.
- Please tell us about the initiative your team selected and theme: Initiative Name, Stakeholder & URL of Stakeholder, Name and Email Address of Key Contact (if possible), Location, and Theme 1 or 2.
- Of the 2 themes, please share what drew your team to consider this theme versus the others. This info will be valuable for future seasons.
- How did your team search for the solutions it considered? Did you search “on google words,” use the CAPP PCC Codes? Not do any searching as the choice was obvious?
(Please Note: As part of this program, if Step 2 is completed by 22 May, CAPP will contact the key contact of the stakeholder, if your team provides us this information, to introduce the competition to them. This is not the due date of Step 2 of 30 June. Therefore, the sooner your team completes Step 2, the sooner CAPP can notify the stakeholder and, even if your team is already in contact with them, this may improve their interest to participate/communicate with your team. We will also invite them to participate in our future Recruiting Week where they may offer internships or full-time positions to all participating student team members who submit their Case Study.)
To complete Step 2: https://makethecase.com/steps-to-complete/
STEP 3: SUBMIT YOUR PLASTIC ATLAS ASIA INSIGHTS PRIZE ENTRY AND LIST 5 PROJECTS YOU HAD CONSIDERED (COMPLETE BY 30 MAY TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AWARD). DUE 30 JUNE.
Not only will the top scoring team receive $1,000 USD, but your score will count for 12.5% of your final team score. Submit by 30 May to be eligible to win this prize award. Otherwise Step 3 is due, along with the Case Study, on 30 June.
After you submit Step 2, you will proceed to Step 3. Here, you will be able to submit your Insight PDF entry, and, separately, provide information on up to five programs and projects your team considered.
- Please share, at least 3 other projects or programs (and as many as five) your team considered, including a brief description and location. The detail provided about these projects or programs will factor into your overall entry score, too.
Note: Your team, at its option, may submit an entry to win $1000 Community Engagement Prize Award. Please visit here to learn more
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR CASE STUDY (COMPLETE BY 30 JUNE) FINAL EXTENSION
Your Case Study will count for 87.5% of your final score.
After you submit your entry in Step 3, you will proceed to Step 4. Here, you will be able to submit your Case Study PDF.
The top 4 scoring teams from each Theme will be asked to participate in the finals for the Prizes.
NOTE: WE WILL BE PROVIDING HONORABLE MENTION CERTIFICATES TO TEAMS WITH THE HIGHEST SCORES IN EACH COUNTRY, AS WELL AS PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATES TO ALL TEAM MEMBERS WHOSE TEAM COMPLETES ALL 4 STEPS OF THIS COMPETITION!
F6S is the #1 global startup community, with 4m+ founders/startups around the world. The company regularly is the platform of choice for hosting the application process for accelerators and start-up programs around the world.
PLEASE CONTACT US
Ocean Recovery Alliance
20th Floor, Central Tower,
28 Queen's Road Central,